Web Content Management and Plone
Info from content management talk.
A web application that creates and managements web (html) content.
- Provides tools so that folks with very little html knowledge can easy add and update content. As easy as writing in word processing software.
- Most use a database to store, categorize, label and manage the data.
- Sites use templates that can be easily change without changing the content.
Typical features (taken from wikipedia)
- Automated templates
- Easily editable content
- Scalable feature sets
- Web standards upgrades
- Workflow management
- Document management
- Content virtualization
Plone is a free and open source content management system.
- Zope: application server written in Python that manages the data (database).
- Plone: the web interface for managing the data in Zope.
- Available on all major operating systems and in 35 languages.
- Secure login for private and public areas on the site.
- Davis Plone community
- UCD Davis Plone Skin Project Site